What is the Vision Zero Partner Network?
The network is an informal coalition of people and organizations who share resources and ideas to help reduce risky driver and occupant behaviors—to save lives and protect families. It can be as simple as using prepared updates on your Facebook page or sharing driver and occupant safety information with your employees.
Everyone wants to get home safely. Yet motor vehicle crashes affect hundreds of North Dakota families every year. Please join the Vision Zero Partner Network to help prevent motor vehicle crash deaths and injuries. Materials are free and all contributions are voluntary. Working together, we can save lives.
Benefits of the Network
- Protect your organization’s human and financial resources
- Guard against potential company and personal liabilities associated with work-related crashes
- Demonstrate your company’s commitment to the community
- Show your employees you care about them and their families
- Address the problems of cell-phone distracted driving, impaired driving, speed and lack of seat belt use
What partners will receive from NDDOT
- Help getting your driver and occupant safety program started
- Opportunities to collaborate with other network organizations and agencies
- Technical support for local opportunities such as media interviews
- Education tools and materials bundled for each campaign (see “Partner Network Bundles” page). Each bundle may include some of the following items:
- Ready to publish newsletter articles
- Fact sheets
- PA system announcements
- Media downloads: TV and radio ads, videos, web banners, print materials for use as posters, fliers, inserts, etc.
- Suggested posts for social media (Facebook, Twitter)
- Suggested messages for company or community electronic message boards
- Suggested activities to conduct with employees or in the community during the campaign
- Display banners
- Other materials or interactive media
Additional Resources and Opportunities
- Workplace Driver Safety Toolkit
- Model traffic safety policy guides for employee driving and occupant behavior
- Web-based training for employees
- Opportunities to showcase your programs (see “Employer Showcase” page)
- Social media sharing with Code for the Road
- Incentive prizes for audience engagement
- Employee surveys
- Rewards program for statewide recognition
- Other opportunities as identified through the network